Passing Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam is not a cakewalk. You should have enough practice and knowledge about Kubernetes cluster components and its associated resources as it is a practical exam.
Not to worry, we got you covered by having an awesome list of resources you could use to ace the CKA exam with few exclusive bonus materials 😉
Kubernetes Exam Guide (cka)
We have structured the resources in the following categories.
- Kubernetes Books
- Kubernetes Online Training Resources
- CKA Practice Labs
- Tips on Required Utilities
- Few Useful Links
Bonus: Register today to get 15% off on all CKA & CKAD certifications using coupon SCOFFER15. Use this link to register
If you are a total beginner or you want a structured way to get started and understand kubernetes, you should start with the following two books.
- Kubernetes Up and Running: A book by Kelsey, Brenden, and Joe. It a perfect book to learn all the Kubernetes basics.
- Kubernetes in Action: Once you got your basics in Kubernetes, this is the second book you should read.
Kubernetes Online Training Resources
If you don’t want to read the book, the better option is to get started with online training resources. Here are the recommended online training resources for CKA exam.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) with Practice Tests
- Kubernetes Fundamentals (LFS258): A course by Linux Foundation. This course is specifically designed for Kubernetes certification preparation.
- Cloud Native Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Course by Linux Academy: A practical course on CKA exam preparation.
BONUS: If you are registering for the CKA/CKAD certification, make use of kubernetes Certification coupon to get up to 40% Off
CKA Practice Labs & Tasks
The following are the best places to get started for practice labs.
- Katacoda Kunernetes Course: A browser-based Kubernetes practice tasks from cluster setup to Kubernetes resources deployment.
- Kubernetes Official Tasks: Complete all the tasks list in the kubernetes official documentation. It will help you a lot in the examination and a great way to hands-on on several important topics.
Note: Use google cloud free credits to spin up a kubernetes cluster with one click using GKE
CKA Bonus Material:
This github repo offers a practice environment similar to the actual exam terminal with a timer. We would highly suggest you set this up with your personal Kubernetes cluster and practice the tasks.
Tips on Required Utilities
You need to get good at the following utilities and services.
- kubectl: It is the key utility for the whole exam. Make sure you get really comfortable with kubectl CLI commands for managing Kubernetes resources.
- or CFSSL: Utilities to generates certificates. This would be required for all cluster component certificate configuration.
- & Systemd services: You need to be comfortable using systemctl and creating unit files to start, stop and enable system services.
- : Learn this utility to check the logs of system services.
Few Useful Links
The following are the few useful links that would help in your CKA exam preparation.
- Kubernetes the Hard Way: A hands-on guide for setting a kubernetes cluster by Kelsey Hightower
- How Kubernetes certificate authorities work: A very good blog by Julia which explains about k8s certificates
- All You Need to Know About Certificates in Kubernetes: A video which talks about how certificates work in k8s cluster.
- Kubecon Videos: A collection of talks from kubecon on kubernetes
Hope this resource list helps :). Please let us know in the comments section if you have found interesting resources that would help our readers for certification preparation.