How To Setup Php ,Mysql And Apache To Run On Windows And Linux
Setting up the Php, Mysql and Apache environment on windows and Linux is not a hard thing to do. Either you can install everything separately or you can install it as a package. For windows it is called WAMP server (Windows Apache Mysql Php) and for linux it is called LAMP server (Linux Apache Mysql Php).
1)Installing WAMP on windows:
- Download Wamp server from here . Downoad WAMP
- Once the file is downloaded, click and install it.
- You will find the wamp server icon on the task bar.
- Right click the icon and you will see all the installed services. ie, php, MySQL, Apache and phpmyadmin.
- Phpmyadmin is the GUI tool for managing Mysql databases.
- By default the username of the MySQL database will be “root”. and there will be no password. You can set user name and password using command line interface of Mysql.
- Using wamp server you can run your php and mysql websites on your localhost.
2)Installing LAMP server on Linux:
- Open linux terminal and type the following code to install LAMP server in Linux.
sudo apt-get install Lamp-server^